Alberene Soapstone in a mortar setting is ideal for exterior applications. Highly temperature resistant and non-porous, soapstone will not expand and contract like slate and bluestone – no popping out of the mortar or cracking due to temperature extremes.
Benefits to Homeowners
- Soapstone withstands great fluctuations in temperature with little expansion or contraction.
- No popping out of setting like bluestone.
- Soapstone is naturally non-absorbent.
- Cannot absorb icemelt or other weather-resisting treatments.
- No spalling from freezing and thawing like concrete and bluestone will.
- Low “slip factor,” performing better than other natural materials such as blue stone.
- Resistant to harm from acids (safe for retail and professional cleaning agents).
Benefits to Installers
- Gauged to uniform thickness, considerably reducing the time and effort required for a professional uniform setting.
- We cut stair treads, wall caps and other design elements to size.
- You can sand the edges to soften look and feel, and to ensure perfectly aligned settings.
- Easily workable for clean cuts, tight fits and uniform setting.
- Pavers at 1.25″ thickness.
- Flagstone sold by the pallet.
- Stair treads cut to size.
- Wall caps.
- Bricks (by order, not stocked).
- Custom-made architectural elements.
Request Current Wholesale Price List:
For a current list of our wholesale pricing for professionals and resellers, please contact us at (434) 831-1051.