Cleaning

Soapstone is nonporous. It doesn’t absorb food or liquid, making it bacteria-resistant. Any residue remains on the surface of the stone and can be removed with just soap and water.

Soapstone is acid-resistant. You can spill anything on soapstone—it will be fine. In fact, soapstone is the surface of choice in many laboratories and industrial facilities that work with caustic substances like acid.

So clean your soapstone with simple soap and water—that’s all you need. You can use any household cleaner, but soap and water is the easiest and best way to go.